Thursday, January 27, 2005

I can't even go to Wal-Mart!

On my lunch break yesterday, I went to Wal-mart to buy stuffing for some dog beds I am making. I come out with a cart full of stuff. Running around the parking lot are two dogs--a brown husky cross with stunning blue eyes and solid black husky mix. They are obviously together and buddies. They seem quite happy and not particularly worried about the cars swerving around them. I put leashes on them--I always have treats and leashes in my truck. I walked around the parking lot with them and they didn't seem to have jumped out of a vehicle and no one claimed them. So I put them in my truck. They are very sweet dogs. One of them snuggled right into my lap while I was driving. I had to go back to work, so I took them to the Humane Society. My husband is the adminstrator, although he's not working today. One of the resident dogs is at the vet so they have an open kennel until later this evening.

Someone reported two similar dogs missing over the weekend, but only left a cell number, which they aren't answering. The shelter staff who took the message said she was sobbing so hard that he could barely make out the message. I have again called the radio station and animal control. I'm sure she's looking for these two. They are adorable, well socialized, friendly, well fed. They stink to high heaven--apparently they found something gross to roll in while on their walk-about!So when I am done work and a volunteer thing I agreed to do tonight, I'll be picking them both up from the shelter and keeping them until the owner turns her phone on!

No comments: